The hair loss DNA test is a tool to ascertain the ideal drug treatment for each individual patient
Purpose of the DNA hair loss test:
- To determine which substances (drugs, active pharmaceutical ingredients - APIs - which act on the metabolic pathways) will work best in a patient (according to his genetic variations) to prevent hair loss.
- The test is performed for non-scarring alopecia, so it is suitable for androgenic alopecia, alopecia areata, and telogen effluvium.
Test methods (TrichoTest ™ from Fagron laboratories):
- Saliva sampling at the clinic (collection kit - Fagron Trichotest - single use), and medical questionnaire
- Dispatch by the clinic to Genomics (Fagron) in Spain for analysis
- Results within 3 to 4 weeks, sent to the doctor by Genomics
Drugs and active ingredients likely to be recommended according to the genetic variations of each patient (TrichoTest ™):
- Prostaquinone ™
- Steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Finasteride, Dutasteride
- Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors
- Collagen production activators
- Tocopherol, Retinol
- IGrantine-F1 ™
Benefits of DNA testing:
- For example, the test helped in the case of a woman who did not respond at all to estradiol or finasteride, but who responded well to ketoconazole and cyproterone acetate in terms of antiandrogens.
- The test can also help determine whether a patient will respond better to finasteride or dutasteride.
- Based on the test results, the doctor may recommend which medications or supplements to take by mouth and which to take as a lotion.
TrichoTest™ from Fagron Group on Vimeo.