Everything you need to know about FUE hair transplant (Follicular Unit Excision)
- Transplanting micro-grafts (1 to 4 hair follicular units) from the donor area (back and sides of the head, spared by alopecia) to the recipient area, affected by alopecia.
- Use of magnifying-glasses for the surgeon to work in augmented reality
SURGICAL PROCEDURE STEP BY STEP :
1. PREPARATION :
Prior shaving of the whole head, or only of the donor area :
Local anesthesia of the sampling area (donor area), with or without needle.
2. EXTRACTION OF GRAFTS:
Isolation of each graft to be removed : with a punch diameter 0.6 to 1.0 mm :
Extraction of each isolated graft : with micro-clamps
Preservation of the grafts in a special solution, until their implantation.
3. IMPLANTATION OF GRAFTS: (according to angle and direction of natural hair, after local anesthesia of the recepient area) :
Two techniques :
- Implantation in 2 steps: site preparation (micro incisions made with a micro scalpel or with a needle) and placement of grafts with micro-clamps or with non sharp (dull) implanter
- Direct hair implantation (DHI) with an implanter pen (Choï) without prior incisions
ADDITIONAL DETAILS :
- Sequential method : Some surgeons repeat the 3 steps several times, to avoid keeping grafts too long out of the body
- Incisions before extraction: some surgeons first make incisions before performing graft extraction
- Special case of curly, frizzy, afro hair .
- Duration : 4 hours to one day
- Maximum number of transplanted grafts : One day: between 1500 and 4000 according to the FUE technique and according to the clinic ...Two or three days: up to 6000 grafts
- Durable effects : after a first phase of grafts fall (normal), their regrowth occurs a 2 to 5 months later (full result after 10 to 12 months).
More infos on FUE technique : read more..
SEE LIST OF CLINICS
RECEIVE COST ESTIMATES