The manual technique remains very used in FUE, because it is very precise, if the surgeon is skilled ; but it is tedious, with long intervention times.
Some "high-end" clinics offer only manual FUE.
STEPS IN THE PROCEDURE:
1. PREPARATION: Shaving of the donor area, or of the whole head, local anesthesia
2. COLLECTION OF GRAFTS:
- Isolation of the UFs with manual punch (0.6 to 0.9 mm diameter)
- Extraction of UFs with micro-clips.
a) micro-incisions in the balding area (fine needle or micro scalpel) and graft placement in the incisions
b) Direct Implantation (DHI): with an Implanter Pen
NUMBER OF GRAFTS TRANSPLANTED PER SESSION
- a standard session usually allows the transplant of up to 1200 - 1500 grafts, or even 2000+ (from 1 to 4 hairs each, or 2.2 hairs on average).
- mega sessions of more than 3,000 grafts are usually performed over 2 or 3 consecutive days to treat large areas of baldness.
- It is the "haute couture" of the FUE, because of the meticulous work it requires
- Considered by some surgeons as the safest, most accurate, with a low trans section rate.
- Only a number of surgeons perform the manual method and offer it to their patients.
- The manual FUE takes longer and is therefore a little more expensive than the automated FUE (micro punch motorized).
- Usually reserved for small and medium amounts of grafts (1000 - 1500 grafts maximum).
INDICATIVE COST : between 1.30€ and 3€ per graft.
SEE LIST OF CLINICS