The trichological consultation includes a patient interview and clinical examinations.
It allows to :
- make a diagnosis of hair loss
- make a prognosis of the evolution of hair loss over time ...
- recommend a medical treatment of the identified cause (alopecia, other disease),
- prepare for a hair transplant (density and characteristics of the donor area, elasticity of the scalp ..).
PATIENT MEDICAL INTERVIEW
- a family history of androgenetic alopecia (which may be added to another cause of alopecia)
- endocrinological disorders (dysthyroidism, menstrual irregularities in women)
- possible deficiencies (diet, associated pathology, bleeding)
- cosmetic habits (straightening, traction, coloring)
- medication (chemotherapy)
- treatments received for alopecia
- Examination with the naked eye of the hair (aspect, density)
- Traction test (tuft, three points of the head)
- Trichogram (microscopic examination of hair and bulbs to evaluate % anagen and telogen phase)
- Dermatoscopy (observation under the magnifying glass of the hair) or videodermatoscopy (high definition digital images) to differentiate the alopecia
- Microbiological tests (search for bacteria, mycoses, ectoparasitoses, etc.)
- Blood tests and / or hormonal analyzes (thyroid dysfunction, deficiencies and deficiencies, etc.)
SEE LIST OF CLINICS