This is a procedure that is gaining popularity because the beard is sometimes a male symbol even more important than the hair.
To create a goatee, it will take 1200 - 1500 grafts, to create a beard, 2000 - 3000 grafts.
These grafts are:
- hair taken from the donor area of the patient (back of the head)
- or beard hair collected under the chin (700 grafts in one session, with a potential of 2000 grafts in the same patient).
- or body hair (chest hair, legs)
Generally extracted with the FUE technique:
- manual or motorized punch, or ARTAS robot
- partial shaving of the donor area
Exceptionally the grafts are extracted with the technique of the strip (STRIP).
Implantation of the grafts:
- placement in incisions made previously by the surgeon in the part to be restored
- or direct injection with a Choi implanter (DHI), to obtain a maximum of density
Dr Ferry Biparvar, Rotterdam
Sergey, 1700 grafts to create a beard
Manual FUE with DHI
(Dr Schnayder, HFE, Moscou)